Compliance with Disclosure Requirements
In the course of the year – and in accordance with best practice – Dangote Cement Plc ensured total compliance with regulatory requirements with respect to filings and statutory returns. These filings were made pursuant to the following regulations:
- Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP C20, LFN, 2004
- Investments and Securities Act (ISA) Cap 2007.
- Securities and Exchange Commission Rules of Corporate Governance 2011
- Listing Rules of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, as amended 2014.
The following notifications and returns were filed by the Company in the course of the year.
- Audited Financial Statement for the Year
- Quarterly Unaudited Financial Statements
- Notification of meetings (Board, AGM, Stakeholders)
- Notification of close periods
- Notification of Insider list
- Corporate Governance Report
- Report on unclaimed dividends
- Disclosure of Directors Interests
- Disclosure of Price Sensitive Information
- Payment of Dividends
- Filing of Change in Director
- Resolutions from Meetings
- Notification of Corporate Governance Policies together with periodic updates.
In view of the Company’s vision to be the leader in corporate governance and best practice, we aim to ensure compliance with some governance practices of the UKLA Listing Rules (the ‘‘Model Code’’) on a voluntary basis. We believe that the increased level of reporting and disclosure will ensure transparency and better stakeholder engagement.